Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Windows Systems Administrator
3501 Fairfax Dr Arlington, VA 22226
The Squires Group is hiring a Windows Systems Administrator to join a Federal project in Northern Virginia. The mission of the program is to preserve and promote confidence in U.S. financial institutions by insuring bank deposits, as well as to limit the effect on the financial system if a bank fails. Your experience supporting a large windows infrastructure in a fast-paced environment is critical to your success in this role.
This contract-to-hire role is located in Arlington, VA. Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens able to meet the client’s clearance requirements.
- Administer, run, and maintain clients Windows server infrastructure in production
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating system issues
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of windows server infrastructure
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware and peripherals
- Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately
- Install, troubleshoot and deliver COTS and custom apps to end users using server infrastructure
- Work with application owners to formulate, troubleshoot and document application installations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Windows environment
- PowerShell scripting expertise
- Experience with IIS web-services and SQL Server
- Hands on experience to troubleshoot hardware issues with HP and Dell servers
- Knowledge of HA computing and networking. (eg. Microsoft Clustering, load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Understanding of application and OS security, including virus scan management and patching
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens able to meet the client’s clearance requirements
‘Tis the Season of Giving….more!
Who says it’s better to give than to receive when you can get both with The Squires Group? We are increasing our $1,000 Reasons to Give to $3,000 Reasons to Give!
Act now and get into the spirit of giving and receiving! This special program will run through the end of December. Please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.