Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Windows Systems Administrator
2001 N Beauregard St Alexandria, VA 22311
Our client, who has been named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, is searching for a Windows Systems Administrator. Join a team known for helping secure the Nation's future by providing significant work on national issues. This IT security team establishes and maintains classified technology infrastructure and application support services. They design, develop and deploy hardware and software-based solutions in close coordination with client-facing groups while adhering to strict security protocols.
This direct hire opportunity is located in Northern Virginia and offers a competitive salary and benefits. Per our contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Install and configure Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, Hyper-V, and supporting physical infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve Windows OS issues
- Develop operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design, and system maintenance
- Execute a planned program of virus updates, patch and service pack management, including testing, deployment staging, and documentation
- Install, maintain and manage Windows SUS, SCCM, and other servers for automated updates
- Perform regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning
- Participate in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects
- Provide server hardware capacity recommendations
- Provide installation support for new applications and software releases
- Work with hardware vendors to maintain and schedule repairs and provide hardware repair and maintenance
- Provide on-call 24x7 support on a rotating basis
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience (5 years)
- 3+ years of System Administration experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 operating systems
- Experience administering Microsoft SharePoint and SQL Server
- Experience managing corporate email in a Microsoft Exchange environment
- Expert-level knowledge of Active Directory including Group Policy creation and management
- Experience configuring virtualized servers using platforms such as Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server, and/or VMware vSphere
- Experience solving problems and automate tasks in common scripting or programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, and/or VBScript
- Per our contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active Top Secret clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.