Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Windows (HBSS) Systems Administrator
2001 N Beauregard St Alexandria, VA 22311
Our client, who has been named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, is searching for a Windows (HBSS) Systems Administrator. Join a team known for helping secure the Nation's future by providing significant work on national issues. This IT security team establishes and maintains classified technology infrastructure and application support services. They design, develop, and deploy hardware and software-based solutions in close coordination with client-facing groups while adhering to strict security protocols.
This direct hire opportunity is located in Northern Virginia and offers a competitive salary and benefits. Per our contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and have a Top Secret Clearance.
- Ensure that systems are operated securely and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented
- Troubleshoot and resolve Windows OS issues
- Manage McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) and other security tools
- Safeguard the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure
- Research, evaluate, test, communicate and implement new security software or device
- Implement, enforce, communicate and develop security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications and information systems security education/awareness programs
- Conduct routine investigations of information systems security violations and incidents
- Perform day-to-day security relevant operational maintenance, installation, support, and upgrades for operating systems, workstations, and security hardware
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment
- Analyze vulnerabilities and determine actions to mitigate
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience (5 years)
- 3 years of Windows/Host Based Security System (HBSS) experience
- Experience using the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) for vulnerability scans, network configuration assessments, and network discovery
- Certifications: 8570 Cert (Acceptable certifications include Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, and GSEC)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and expert-level knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Proficient in Windows domain administration, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Active Directory, and Group Policy management.
- Per our contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active Top Secret Clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.