Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
3326 General Hudnell Dr San Antonio, TX 78226
Your UNIX experience is needed for a Federal project in San Antonio, TX. As a Unix Administrator, you will administer UNIX operating systems running on multiple domains. This is a 6 month contract role, where you will keep the systems up and running while the office moves its location.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active Secret clearance.
- Execute startups and shutdowns of each system and domain
- Installation of operating systems, patches, bug fixes and advisories (P)
- Configure the OS and server to conform with current Security policy and procedures
- Monitor and apply all necessary OS security patches (M)
- Create, monitor, and manage logical volume and mirror disk features
- Create shell programs and schedule jobs to run through "cron"
- Maintain an inventory of system level hardware and software configurations
- Perform system backups and recoveries
- Create, administer, and monitor all OS-level accounts
- Comply with IAW DoD Directive 8570.1M
- 3 years of Unix experience
- Experience with the following:
- File System Management (JFS and JFS2 file systems and logical volume management)
- Shell and Python scripting
- Security + Certification
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active Secret clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.