Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Technical Accounting and Policy Specialist - Senior
8614 Westwood Center Dr Vienna, VA 22182 US
Our client is one of the leading utility companies in the Washington, DC Metro area. They have a Direct Hire opening for a Senior Technical Accounting and Policy Specialist to work a hybrid schedule out of their Washington, DC office. In this role, you will manage the Finance Department’s Change Control program to identify, and report change throughout the Company that may have an impact to the Company’s financial statements.
This direct hire role is located in Washington, DC, (offering a hybrid schedule with some remote days) and is your opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging organization that is highly focused on results. Don’t let this pass you by! Per our client contract, candidates must be Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens
- Assist with the research and evaluation of accounting issues, new business events, transactions, and contracts to assess their impact on the Company's financial statements
- Assist with the monitoring of proposed and newly issued Accounting Standards
- Work with the Chief Compliance Officer to ensure the Finance Department’s compliance with the Company’s Policy and Procedure program
- Coordinate with the various P&P owners to update, develop and finalize required P&Ps, including updating or assisting with the development of P&Ps associated with new accounting standards and other Technical Accounting P&Ps
- Maintain an inventory to track and assess the status of each Finance P&P
- Review the P&Ps issued by the Company’s parent company to identify differences to existing P&Ps and identify P&Ps requiring update
- Review the quarterly Change Control and Issue Summary report and ensure that all changes and accounting issues identified are appropriately documented by each department
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field required; accounting degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience (4 years required with a master’s degree)
- CPA required
- 2+ years of experience assessing technical accounting issues
- Experience creating formal presentations
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data and identifying relevant issues in solving business problems, including evaluating multiple scenarios.
- Demonstrated understanding of U.S. GAAP and accounting operations. Demonstrated ability to research, interpret and apply accounting guidelines pursuant to FASB, AICPA, IASB, the SEC or the FERC accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to meet numerous and competing internal and external deadlines
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Experience writing and implementing finance and accounting P&Ps
- Experience with the development or implementation of internal controls
- Experience in or knowledge of the regulated energy industry
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.