Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Tax Accountant, Senior
10100 Old Columbia Rd Columbia, MD 21046 US
Looking for a shift from the large firm paradigm? Our Howard County-based client is seeking a Senior-Level Tax Accountant to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for Federal and Multistate tax compliance and consulting services. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, with experience in multi-state consolidated income tax returns.
Our client offers a strong national client base, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package! Leverage your experience and knowledge and be an integral part of our client’s commitment to staff professional growth and client satisfaction.
- Prepare separate company returns, forms, schedules and foreign reporting forms, as well as consolidated returns for Federal and State filings
- Perform calculations and prepare quarterly estimated tax filings
- Tax Return Reviews of Business Income / Franchise Tax Returns (Forms 1120, 1065, 1120S, and 1041) and Individual Income Tax Returns, including related forms and schedules, and any required state returns.
- Research complex tax issues, analyze, summarize, and communicate results with team members and managers
- Identify tax planning opportunities, assist with related projects and implementation of tax planning strategies
- Assist with responding to Internal Revenue Service and State Department of Revenue notices and issues and participate in case resolution.
- Support branch office personnel regarding CCH Axcess basic issues.
- Assist with the development and implementation of technical tax training for firm personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar field
- 4+ years of progressive tax experience
- Experience with CCH Axcess, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Licensed CPA, CPA candidate or EA
- Active PTIN required upon hiring
- Bilingual English / French
- CCH Financial Prep and Answer Connect experience
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.