Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
System Administrator Lead
8601 Adelphi Road - Project Location College Park, MD 20740 US
Our client is one of the nation’s top tier consulting firms and is featured in Fortune Magazine’s Top 10 list of the most admired companies in the world. They have a contract opportunity for a System Administrator Lead to perform O&M work on a Federal Project based in College Park, MD / Washington, DC. The work is primarily remote, but candidates must be local as onsite presence could be needed on occasion.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be able to pass the client’s background requirements.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant hands-on experience as a cloud-based system administrator for systems of similar size and scope to this task.
- Relevant experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Multi-application system administration
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant and reliable applications to the cloud
- Migrating complex, multi-tiered systems to the cloud
- Developing and maintaining Cloud based services (Micro-services, etc.) and Application Programming Interfaces (API) for cloud service orchestration.
- Developing and maintaining Cloud workflow-based services.
- Managing a variety of cloud services for specific system requirements
- Developing and implementing cloud cost optimization strategies, security, storage, performance efficiency, reliability etc.
- Troubleshooting, documenting, and communicating root cause analysis for issues on production cloud systems
- Testing production release candidates and validating the code for production release on a production-like system
- Routinely releasing and smoke testing production code deployments
- Must have strong oral and communication skills and experience interacting with senior leaders within an organization
- Must have prior hands-on experience working in an agile development environment
- Must possess either an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Professional level certification or AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional level certification
- Prior Federal government experience is a plus
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be able to pass the client’s background requirements.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard; we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.