Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Strategic Sourcing Manager
6801 Industrial Rd Springfield, VA 22151 | Contract to Hire
The Squires Group has an immediate need for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to work in Springfield, VA. Work for our client, a forward-thinking, growing utility company in the Washington, DC Metro area. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will manage a team responsible for the successful development, implementation, and maintenance of strategy for all categories of procurement and contract spending, as well as act as a point of accountability for the success of the sourcing activities.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging organization that is highly focused on results. Our client is unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
- Manage the work of the Enterprise Strategic Sourcing team, to include hiring, training, performance management, motivating, and the development of goals
- Set high-level strategies and reduce the overall supply chain risks and costs
- Manage the development of the organization's overall Strategic Sourcing strategy and establish and maintain plans, policies, procedures, systems, and procedures that will achieve these strategic objectives
- Lead the Enterprise Strategic Sourcing team in the negotiation of the Company contracts (e.g., Engineering, Marketing, Construction, Operations, Human Resources, Marketing, Facilities, Legal, Finance, and Material Management)
- Create, develop, implement and maintain strategies for directing spending to better performing suppliers, and driving continuous improvement
- Manage and maintain the Strategic Sourcing Module and ensure a structured sourcing experience that meets or exceeds internal/external customer’s expectations and utilizes consistent approach (forms, templates, tools, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of the contract management documentation process
- Oversee the execution of sourcing events and account for the outcomes of the sourcing engagement and management of the sourcing function within various projects and lines of business within the Company
- Manage the Enterprise Strategic Sourcing’s compliance tracking, analysis, and reporting
- Manage the process to identify, evaluate, and capitalize on opportunities to reduce sourcing and purchasing costs by improving the organization's sourcing patterns
- Lead the Enterprise Strategic Sourcing organization’s benchmarking effort to identify best practices, category trends, process improvements, lean processes and efficiency analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Project Management or related field
- 10+ years of experience in contracts administration/management, procurement, or strategic sourcing
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems innovatively
- A minimum of 3 years of direct or indirect supervisory experience
- Utility or Energy Industry experience
- Six Sigma training or certification
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.