Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Storage Engineer - Multi-year project!
Join this multi-year project supporting a Federal agency on the forefront of world altering events! Our Herndon, VA based client has an opening for a Storage Engineer. You will be maintaining and administering all aspects of the Storage Area Network with the customer’s datacenter. This role may require some work to be performed outside of normal business hours.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly.
- Develop and recommend storage and virtual solutions, improvements, standards and internal processes
- Provide technical support for all internal technology users of storage and virtual solutions and related infrastructure
- Propose technical changes based upon storage and virtual solutions performance and capacity data
- Review technical details of outages to services provided by virtual and storage solutions to establish potential impact and future risk to availability of services and recommend course of action to minimize risk of future service outages
- Allocate/de-allocate SAN LUNs
- Create SAN health reports using NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI)
- Install/update firmware and security patching
- Strong knowledge in basic storage fundamentals with an understanding of major networking concepts
- Strong working knowledge of various vendor storage array technologies in SAN including: Brocade, CISCO, Hitachi, IBM, and NetApp
- Working knowledge of various vendor storage management applications such as NetApp NOM and OCI
- Experience with security patching
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.