Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
2288 Blue Water Blvd, Suite 322 Odenton, MD 21113 US
Our client, a small service-disabled veteran-owned information and technology company, has a need for a GovCon Accountant.
If you have experience with Unanet accounting software and government contracting, please apply! Your expertise in accounting and foundation in government contracting accounting will ensure accurate financial data, maintain contract compliance, and support the organization's financial success.
This is a great place to work! It’s a place where people enjoy what they do, and who they do it with. Our client takes immense pride in their employees and community, and it shows with the tenure of their staff.
What comes with this role? Flexible work schedule, competitive pay, 401 (k) with some employer contribution, and a generous PTO package. Add to that, an employer who cares about you and your family, and this is an opportunity you can’t pass up!
Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
- Perform and assist in all aspects of AR and AP activities
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and relevant government accounting standards (e.g., FAR, CAS) for contract-related financial transactions
- Generate project-specific financial reports to track revenue, costs, and profitability, providing insights into project performance
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing activities, reconciling accounts, and preparing journal entries as necessary
- Review and analyze general ledger transactions for accuracy and completeness
- Reconcile cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections
- Verifies and creates invoices associated with contracts and ensures accuracy
- Assists payroll to gather information, review and maintain accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3 – 5 years proven experience working as a Staff Accountant
- 2+ years of experience with Unanet accounting software
- 2+ years with payroll experience
- Solid experience with Reconciliations, Journal Entries, and General Ledger
- Strong understanding of GAAP and its application to government contract accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge of government contracting regulations, including FAR, CAS, and DCAA requirements
- Proficient in financial analysis, cost accounting, and budgeting processes
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.