Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
1 RE Michel Drive Glen Burnie, MD 21060 US
Our client is a family-owned and operated firm and one of the nation's largest wholesale distributors. They have been in business for 85 years with sales offices located across the Southern, Mid-Atlantic, and Northeastern regions of the country.
Our client has an opening for a talented Staff Accountant to perform a variety of entry-level accounting duties and administrative tasks and is open for Contract-to-hire or direct-hire candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity for recent graduates with some accounting experience! The position requires face-to-face interaction with co-workers, so working onsite at their Glen Burnie location is required. Per our client contract, candidates must hold a valid Green Card.
- Reconcile, audit, and analyze general ledger accounts as assigned and prepare accounting entries
- Prepare effective account reconciliations with supporting documentation; research and follow up on differences from the expected balance
- Analyze large amounts of data from various sources and organize the data by creating and updating complex spreadsheets
- Maintain various records, files, and supporting documentation for regulatory or other reporting purposes
- Review Monthly Profit/Loss statements
- Interface with management and company personnel regarding the status of accounting transactions and corrective actions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1 - 3 years of experience performing professional accounting or auditing work
- Demonstrate ability to compile statistical reports and assist staff and management in monitoring and reporting
- Proficient Excel spreadsheet skills
- Work in a frequently stressful environment and meet deadlines as assigned
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard; we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you up to $3000 for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/35C7diT.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.