Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Our client is looking for a Splunk Engineer to work in their Alexandria, VA location. Join this Federal Project with a goal of ending hunger and obesity. As a Splunk Engineer, you will drive the complex, security-focused deployment of Splunk, while solving issues and integrations across many departments.
Per our Federal Government contract, consultants must be U.S. Citizens with an active Secret Clearance.
- Design and implement dashboards, reports and create rapid prototypes
- Share best practices and create innovative solutions and maximize the value of Splunk within the organization
- Architect, deploy, document, and maintain integration between Splunk and external tools
- Maintain a list of system, application, and other changes and provide appropriate documentation
- Build reports and dashboards within Splunk for various departments
- Design the generation, pulling, parsing, and directing of data from external sources into Splunk
- Monitor the health of data feeds ingested into Splunk
- Design and configure data alerting and maintain CIM deployment and summarization within Splunk
- Bachelor’s degree (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- 3 years of experience with the following:
- Architecture, development, deployment, and administration of Splunk Enterprise in Security
- Data analysis, logging solutions, system and network monitoring, and technical consulting
- Both Unix and Windows operating systems
- 2+ years’ experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (Java, Perl, Python, .NET, PowerShell), databases and analytical tools
- Experience using network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols
- CISSP is highly desirable
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active Secret Clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.