Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
1155 Connecticut Ave NW 11th flr Washington, DC 20036
Our client is in need of a Splunk Administrator to join their team in Northern Virginia. In this role, you will create and maintain reports, scripts, programs, and other tools within the Splunk system to maintain system health and integrity.
Per our Client Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and able to pass the client’s background requirements.
- Configure Splunk Administrator for optimal performance
- Perform system installation, upgrades/patches, configuration, and tuning
- Prepare Configuration Control Board (CCB) requests and document system configuration changes
- Install and maintain all forwarder interactions with systems
- Define and maintain system and monitor application security
- Follow the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG’s) methodology for standardized secure installation and maintenance of computer software and hardware
- Manage system for clustering, deployment, licensing, and other server functions
- Create new applications, views, dashboards, reports, alerts, data collection, scheduling of alerts, and reports
- Create and maintain manageable processes and documentation for all aspects of administration and development
- Promote changes and releases through the various test, quality assurance, and production systems
- Provide problem resolution and production support for Storage Area Network (SAN) systems and applications
- Monitor all system, applications, hosts, data ingestion, forwarder status, system health, etc.
- Maintain compliance with security regulations and guidelines
- Install, patch, upgrade, and maintain IAVA compliance for Solar
- Document hardware and system configurations and keep them current
- 2+ years of experience with Splunk, including installation and configuration
- Experienced in utilizing the third party API
- IAT 2 certification (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP)
- Good people skills - experience leading a team and interfacing with the customer
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) experience
- Windows or Linux Systems Administration experience
- Per our Client Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and able to pass the client’s background requirements
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.