Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Software Engineer, Senior
370 L'Enfant Plaza SW Washington, DC 20024
We are looking for an experienced Senior Level Software Engineer to join a Federal project in Washington, DC. As a Software Engineer, you will be working on an automated case management system responsible for transforming the way our client does business. This system has replaced an antiquated and cost-inefficient method of case management that cost taxpayers billions of dollars.
This is a contract to hire role on a multiyear project. Located in downtown Washington, DC, this location is metro accessible. Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Design and develop software for enterprise-level, mission-critical systems
- Code, test, debug, document and install software to meet business and compliance requirements
- Work closely with business team to define application requirements
- Assist in translating business requirements into designs
- Collaborate with other engineers and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an agile methodology
- Write high-quality software code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements
- Develop unit tests and test changes using an Agile methodology
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos, and retrospectives
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of software development experience OR Master’s degree and 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with the following:
- Working on Agile software development team
- Spring / Hibernate
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have an active Top Secret clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.