Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Software Developer, Junior Level - Washington, DC
Washington, DC 20001
The Squires Group, Inc. has multiple contract opportunities for Junior Software Developers to join a Federal Project in Washington, DC. As a Software Developer, you will be part of a team operating and modernizing complex legacy large-scale internal-facing fraud detection and case management systems, in addition to building complex highly sensitive new capabilities to new and existing systems.
Per our Federal Government contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, eligible to pass the client’s background requirements.
- Work with product owners and colleagues to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process for a responsive web application
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Gradle, Git, and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Geb, Spock, and Selenium
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineer, Business, or related field
- 2 years of recent experience developing and implementing software solutions using Java and/or Angular4 or above
- 6 months of experience working in an Agile environment
- 6 months of Spring Boot and RESTful services experience
- 6 months of experience in using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
- 6 months of database experience with Oracle and Hibernate
- Per our Federal Government contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, eligible to pass the client’s background requirements
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You – We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance – We work hard, we work smart, and have quality time for family and “life.”
- Golden Rule – We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.