Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Senior System Engineer/Exchange Server SME
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20004 | Direct Hire
Is it time to make a change? Do you want to share your skills and your IT background on a Federal Project that concentrates on promoting economic growth across the country? Our client has been named one of the fastest growing small business contractors in the government market. They have a direct hire opportunity for a Senior System Engineer/Exchange Server SME in downtown Washington, DC. In this highly visible role, you will provide day-to-day administration of the windows based client network and secure the client’s windows network using various tools across the Active Directory infrastructure.
This company truly values its employees. Their projects are highly visible in the Federal Sector, and they only hire the best workers to get the job done. They offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) with company match. Come be a part of this fun, highly collaborative environment!
Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Manage and maintain the Client’s Microsoft Exchange servers
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Design, integrate, and implement new solutions to the windows environment
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Analyze and define system requirements which may include Enterprise services, servers, and workstations
- Standardize and ensure team best practices in: Active Directory management, Patching, and Scanning, Virtualization (VMware) creation and management, System Monitoring, Use of DOD issued Smart Card for Active Directory authentication, Deployment of new Windows systems following the organization established baseline
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows based environments
- Active Directory
- Managing and maintaining servers
- Solid scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Working knowledge of a wide range of datacenter technologies including: Local (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN); NAS and/or SAN storage technologies. Oracle technologies, Microsoft Windows Server, firewalls, and VPNs Network protocols such as TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Per our Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI Clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.