Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Senior Network Engineer
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20004 | Direct Hire
Time for a change? Do you want to share your skills and your IT background on a Federal Project that concentrates on promoting economic growth across the country? Our client has been named one of the fastest growing small business contractors in the government market. They have a direct hire opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer in downtown Washington, DC. In this client-facing role, you will configuring Cisco devices such as firewalls, routers and switches and the ability to create, update and maintain network documentation.
This company truly values its employees. Their projects are highly visible in the Federal Sector, and they only hire the best workers to get the job done. They offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) with company match. Come be a part of this fun, highly collaborative environment!
Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Review existing network designs and core network switch configurations to ensure they meet the latest security guidelines
- Configure and maintain Cisco devices such as router, switches, Nexus switches and firewalls
- Experience with configuring and maintaining TACLANES
- Design network switch base line configurations for new models of network switches that do not have established baselines
- Review existing WAN and LAN designs which are in one of the following formats: Visio, CAD, PDF, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Support Cisco VOIP technologies
- Manage switches, routers, firewalls, application delivery controllers/load-balancers, wireless, VPN and security devices
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 – 6 years of related Enterprise Computing Environment experience
- Expertise with TCP/IP networking, Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 routing, Cisco hardware and software, firewalls, network monitoring, and data center management
- Experience with WAN optimization, application delivery/load balancing (F5 or Citrix NetScaler), VMware, and SAN/NAS storage
- Cisco Nexus expertise
- Cisco Certification - CCNA and/or CCNP is preferred
- Network + Certification is preferred
- Per our Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI Clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.