Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
420 National Business Pkwy Annapolis Junction, MD 20701 US
Our direct end client is looking for a Scrum Master to support a U.S. Homeland Security program. This multi-year Federal project is located in Annapolis Junction, MD, and contains some remote work options. Feel good about your work, as your team looks to ensure the safety of flights in the United States with passenger screening. As a Scrum Master, you will help teams self-organize, self-manage, and deliver by teaching and coaching effective Agile practices.
Per our Federal Government contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens eligible for a Secret Clearance. (Preference is given to those with an existing clearance.)
- Help Agile teams deliver in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Help teams maintain daily collaboration and focus on Sprint priorities.
- Facilitate team ceremonies, including the daily stand-up, Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Team Demos, Retrospectives, and PI Planning Team Breakout.
- Support team's use of normalized story points for estimating user stories.
- Implement change as part of team's continuous improvement effort. Learn team's dev/test delivery process and make recommendations to improve efficiency, communication, and planning.
- Collaborate with other scrum masters and ART stakeholders on cross-team dependencies. Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums.
- Assist team in preparation for ART events, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt workshop.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of Scrum Master experience using Agile methodologies
- 2+ years of experience facilitating communication/collaboration with clients and development teams through in-person and virtual settings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Per our Federal Government contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens eligible for a Secret Clearance
- SAFe Certified Scrum Master
- Prior experience in software development, preferably in a Java/open-source technical environment
- Active Secret Clearance
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard; we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.