Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Release/Cloud Engineer, Junior-Level
The Squires Group has multiple contract opportunities for Junior Release/Cloud Engineers to work on a Federal project. In this role, you will assist the operations team with managing resources for a large application that supports over 20,000 users in a 24/7 high availability AWS cloud-based environment. This position requires one shift of nightwork per week, which may be remote, and the rest of the work will be performed in Fairfax, VA.
This award-winning employer is in heavy growth mode, and needs YOU to join their ranks! Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have lived in the United States for the last 3 years and be able to pass the client’s background requirements.
- Application deployments, environment patching, and maintenance operations
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of AWS environment
- Work with security team to ensure all client security requirements have been met
- Assist product development teams to speed development times and deploy applications to all environments
- Execute the tools and processes to enable DevSecOps
- Support an end-to-end provisioning process, facilitating automation wherever possible
- Experience navigating a Linux environment
- Familiar with cron, Bash scripting, and basic Linux administration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of AWS services including EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch, KMS, S3 and Glacier
- Must be very comfortable navigating a Windows environment, including batch scripting and basic Windows server administration
- A strong desire to automate as much as possible using Python, Bash, PowerShell or something similar
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have lived in the United States for the last 3 years and be able to pass the client’s background requirements
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.