Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Regulatory Affairs Specialist, Senior
8614 Westwood Center Dr Vienna, VA 22182 US
Our client has a direct hire opportunity for a Senior-Level Regulatory Affairs Specialist to work a hybrid schedule out of their Springfield, VA location. This is an important role, serving as the primary point of contact for the Virginia Public Service Commission. The ideal candidate has experience in the Utility industry, excellent communication skills, and a go-getter attitude. If you’re looking to make a significant impact in your career, please consider this your next step. There is room for growth and advancement with this opportunity.
This position offers a good work/life balance, competitive salary (commensurate with experience), great benefits, paid time off, educational assistance and more! Sponsorship is not available.
- Provide lead regulatory support in rate cases, accelerated pipe replacement proceedings, and regulatory filings before the Virginia State Corporation Commission (VASCC)
- Recognize issues of importance and identify options and business unit resources that are needed
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team members to complete filings on time
- Review VASCC Orders and provide brief assessments of key points within R&RA and to applicable business units
- Identify potential changes to Company tariffs that can better facilitate business unit or Company objectives
- Work with legal department and business units to meet all regulatory reporting and compliance requirements in the District
- Review data provided from business units for compliance reports and conduct detailed follow-up, as needed
- Use data assembled from various business units, make rate calculations for various tariff services, e.g., a rate for the Purchase of Receivables from competitive suppliers
- Assist the Assistant VP of Rates & Regulatory Affairs and Manager of Regulatory Affairs in the management of rate cases and other docketed state regulatory proceedings
- Identify regulatory risks to the Company’s financial and operational interests and provides options to address
- Conduct research of regulatory and industry issues and trends that affect the Company’s financial and operational interests, including but not limited to local, regional, and national climate policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or similar
- 5 years of regulatory and/or utility experience, with a focus in state regulatory areas
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of utility ratemaking, rules, practices, and policies that govern the local gas distribution business
- Financial literacy, including basic excel skills like creating formulas
- Project Management experience
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you up to $3000 for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.