Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Project Manager - Construction
6801 Industrial Rd Springfield, VA 22151
Are you up for a challenge to put your proven Project Management skills to work and drive new energy projects for a market leader?
Our client, one of the leading energy companies in the Washington, DC Metro area, is looking for several "Big Picture" Construction Project Managers. Your top-flight communication skills and ability to develop a strong rapport with business partners, supervisors, and peers is needed immediately. Work with top-level executives in business development, market analysis, and risk management, who are looking to develop new energy projects that will serve thousands of new customers.
Join one of several exciting, high-profile projects with a large utility company that has a solid history of financial stability and a commitment to the community.
Our client is unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
- Leads/develops project teams (internal and contract personnel) in conjunction with other internal processes
- Drives execution against assigned construction targets - coordinates cross functionally to drive delivery
- Prepares and tracks project schedules, incorporating and analyzing input from the project stakeholders, including permitting, design, land acquisition, material acquisition, contractual obligations, construction, etc.
- Effectively manages and reports in a timely manner changes in expectations, scope, company risk, schedule, and project budgets
- Utilizes strong negotiation skills to influences individuals to accomplish objectives without direct reporting relationships
- Assesses estimate variance trends from project design estimates and coordinates to improve estimation process
- Collects and organizes appropriate final project documentation and assists with documentation as needed
- Utilities and / or Gas industry experience is a must
- Construction Project Management skills/experience
- Utility and construction in right-of-way skills
- Ability to negotiate with various entities involved in the projects
- Strong communication skills – internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects in different stages of construction
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.