Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Project Manager, Senior - Business Transformation
6801 Industrial Rd Springfield, VA 22151 US
Are you ready for a next-level challenge? Our client is one of the leading utility companies in the Washington, DC Metro area. They are looking for a Project Manager to work in their Utility Operations (UO) Business Transformation Project Office (BT PMO). As part of this team, you will work with business leaders to help plan and manage the delivery of large, complex business transformation programs.
Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Green Card Holders.
- Develop and implement portfolio planning and prioritization process in partnership with Utility Operations leadership, Digital leadership, and other cross-functional partners.
- Prioritize potential projects and allocate resources
- Work with stakeholders to confirm scope, goals, objectives, and business justification, and secure people and budget
- Support build of business cases and other artifacts to support initiation to the deployment of new technology and process improvements
- Manage the portfolio of projects and understand the cross-functional relationships of the projects with various business units
- Drive delivery of a portfolio of projects within scope, schedule, and timelines
- Support best-in-class policies, processes, and metrics to assist with performance and process improvement, improve customer service, and balance resources.
- Work with finance to track initiative spending and benefits across a portfolio of initiatives; identify and escalate any risks
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project management skills – Experience with Agile methodology, daily stand-ups, release planning, backlog reviews.
- Expertise in tools such as MS Project or JIRA is mandatory
- Leadership capabilities – Communication and effective collaboration with other project managers, business unit leaders, and across the team, are essential for this position.
- Utility business knowledge – knowledge and expertise in the utility industry, especially in the utility operations business unit (construction, leak management, work management, etc.)
- The ability to track and deliver business outcomes
- Expertise in some of the digital technologies used at utilities is critical to success (SAP CCS, Work Management, CGI ARM (aka OpenGrid), Smallworld, ESRI, etc.)
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite abilities
- Strong Communication Skills
- PMP or Agile certifications preferred
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.