Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Network Engineer, Senior
400 Maryland Ave SW Washington, DC 202020
Bring your Network Management skills to a multi-year program supporting a Federal Agency’s implementation of a new IT environment. Located in downtown Washington, DC, our client has a need for a Senior Network Engineer. Infrastructure needs are evolving rapidly, and your experience with assessing and evaluating network infrastructure and solutions will ensure your success on the project.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, clearable to a Public Trust.
- Provide architecture, design, development and implementation of network solutions
- Conduct detailed analysis and recommendations for network hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Provide recommendations on network changes and the provisioning process for circuits
- Supports the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Monitors network traffic through the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC)
- Configure, deploy, and oversee operation of network solutions (such as DNS, Firewall, DHCP, IPAM, NAC)
- Develop and support network infrastructure and IP address management—including DHCP—for local area networks
- Develop network monitoring solution and procedures and ensure monitoring team has knowledge to perform network management duties
- Perform trend analysis using network management systems and provide information and statistics relevant to system capacity limits on switches, NAC appliances, F5 load balancers, and other managed systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of IT knowledge and hands on experience in network engineering and administration
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience with 4 or more of the following technologies:
- DNS – internal and external
- WAN skills – BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS technologies
- LAN skills – VLANs, trunking
- IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Routing, Switching, and Load Balancers (Cisco)
- Network Management
- ITIL foundations certification is preferred
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, clearable to a Public Trust.
‘Tis the Season of Giving….more!
Who says it’s better to give than to receive when you can get both with The Squires Group? We are increasing our $1,000 Reasons to Give to $3,000 Reasons to Give!
Act now and get into the spirit of giving and receiving! This special program will run through the end of December. Please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.