Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Network & Systems Specialist
6996 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 100 Columbia, MD 21046
Are you passionate, hardworking, and well organized? Are you looking for a company where there is professional growth? Then we have what you want. Our client, an educational training facility, based in Columbia, MD, is looking for a Network & Systems Specialist to work in their fast-paced team environment. Offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits, access to free, unlimited training, and tuition reimbursement, this is the perfect position for someone with a strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn new technologies. Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
- Support all laptops, desktops, servers, virtual machines, firewalls, routers, switches, access points, other hardware, and software to maintain 24/7 access for teammates and training operations
- Troubleshoot network, system performance, and security issues
- Assist in maintaining a network and system disaster recovery plan and the ability to execute it when necessary
- Provide technical support as needed and on-call
- Work with the IT team on tasks and projects to improve operational efficiency and enhance the customer experience
- Build, deploy, and support lab environments for a wide variety of technical courses
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience configuring routers and/or switches, and firewall configuration experience; JNCIS (Juniper Networks Certification Program) is preferred
- Strong Linux system administration skills; RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) or equivalent experience is preferred along with TCP/IP networking in a production environment
- User-centric mentality with superior customer relationship and communication skills
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Experience with virtualization (g., KVM), cloud platforms (e.g., OpenStack and AWS), and configuration management tools (e.g., SaltStack) is a plus
- Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.