Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer
8135 Maple Lawn Fulton, MD 20759
Our client has a direct hire opportunity for a Malware Detection Researcher. Join a team of the nation’s leading Cybersecurity experts that are defending customer networks, industry sectors, and nations from advanced cyber-attacks. Our client is one of the fastest growing, privately held cybersecurity firms in the world with leadership from the National Security Agency, the National Counterterrorism Center, U.S. Cyber Command, military intelligence and private industry.
Simply put, their team is unmatched in managing cyber threats for their growing list of clients in Energy, Financials, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Government. If you want to put your skills to work developing the most advanced and effective cybersecurity solutions on the planet, this is the company for you!
Our client offers generous pay, flexible work locations, and a stock option program. This direct hire opportunity can work in either their Maryland or Virginia office. Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
The firm is in its infancy and is already a leader in the Cybersecurity industry. To be a part of something great, you need to apply now! We guarantee a quick response to your application, ensuring your talents.
- Deliver products that will improve the detection capabilities of our product and inform internal teams, customers, and the public about threats in the current landscape. You will focus on researching malware and vulnerabilities the end goal of providing detection-focused information to other members of the product team, customers, and the security community
- Research malware families and variants to distill common characteristics and behaviors
- Perform static code analysis and dynamic analysis with a focus on extracting identifiable behaviors that can be used to inform analytic development efforts
- Analyze malware obtained from internal and external sources to extract identifiable behaviors and inform analytic development efforts
- Publish analysis reports to the internal teams, customers, and the public
- Develop signature and heuristic-based detection rules to aid behavioral and outlier analytics
- Perform exploratory hunt based on findings in vulnerability/malware research
- Have a solid understanding of malware across different operating systems and of dynamic/static analysis of malware
- Be proficient with debuggers and disassemblers
- Understand network protocols and common ways they are employed in attacks
- Be proficient with one or more scripting language to automate common tasks and write tools (C, C++, Python, GO or other)
- Per our Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
- 5+ years of malware analysis and programming experience
- Experience analyzing common malware delivery mechanisms and complicated code
- Experience with building and maintaining analysis, and sandbox environments
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.