Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Linux Systems Engineer
8135 Maple Lawn Fulton, MD 20759 | Direct Hire
Our client has a direct hire opportunity for a Linux Systems Engineer. This is a rare opportunity to join the nation’s leading team of Cybersecurity experts that defend customer networks, industry sectors, and nations from advanced cyber-attacks. Our client is one of the fastest growing, privately held cybersecurity firms in the world with leadership from the National Security Agency, the National Counterterrorism Center, U.S. Cyber Command, military intelligence and private industry.
Simply put, their team is unmatched in managing cyber threats for their growing list of clients in Energy, Financials, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Government. If you want to put your skills to work developing the most advanced and effective cybersecurity solutions on the planet, this is the company for you!
Our client offers generous pay, flexible work locations, and a stock option program. This direct hire opportunity can work in either their Maryland or Virginia office. Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
The firm is in its infancy and is already a leader in the Cybersecurity industry. To be a part of something great, you need to apply now. We guarantee a quick response to your application, ensuring your talents get the consideration they deserve!
- Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment, and devices
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks
- Support administration of servers and server clusters
- Manage all system backup and restore protocol
- Plan and support network and computing infrastructure
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers and associated systems
- Monitor system performance and implements performance tuning
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Develop, document and execute maintenance processes that support highly complex systems
- Provide recommendations and guidance for infrastructure improvements and next generation projects
- Solid experience with Linux Systems Administration and Management (CentOS, RedHat)
- Experience configuring and administering LDAP and VMWare in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with OS container technology: Docker, LXC, namespaces/cgroups
- Deep understanding of Ethernet, VLAN, IPv4/IPv6, ARP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, and TCP
- Experience with distributed systems at scale in a Linux/Unix environment as an administrator or developer
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials
- Experience managing network firewalls, switches, and wireless controllers
- Experience scripting (Shell, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl)
- Knowledge of large data center environments
- 2-3 years' experience operating a service in a cloud environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Per our Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
- Experience with Infoblox administration, certificate management, deployment, and troubleshooting
- Enterprise backup platform management, and storage configuration and management
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.