Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Linux Systems Engineer
Bluemont, VA 20135
Our direct end client has an immediate need for an experienced Linux Systems Engineer. This position offers teleworking (remote) up to two (2) days per week after 1 – 2 months of service. In this position you will be supporting a mission-critical Federal project located in Bluemont, VA. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and challenging team working on a “Feel Good” project.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Configure and maintain RedHat Linux systems, including routine and complex administration, security, patching, firewall, antivirus, backup/restore, etc.
- Create technical documentation
- Perform Architectural Decisions, Design Points, Tools Deployment Plan, Risks, Technology Strategy
- Participate and perform code/configurations reviews and STIGs
- Participate in requirements definition and review
- 5+ years of UNIX/Linux (RedHat) administration
- Experience standing up new servers
- Server - Patching
- Putting O/S on to VMware
- Preparing Servers of Applications Team
- Troubleshooting Servers
- Server Administration
- Backup & Restores
- Security Updates
- 5+ years of HTML, Linux shell scripting (Bash, Perl, and Korn), SSL certificates, and system design
- 3+ years of experience with FTP/S, SMTP/S, HTTP/S, SSH, Apache/Tomcat, networking, VPN (SSL and IPSec), LDAP, DNS, networking
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- 5+ years of System Engineering experience
- 3+ years of Middleware support experience
- 3+ years of experience with:
- ITIL methodology
- Application Development
- AWS or AZURE
- RedHat Cloudforms
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.