Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
800 N. Glebe Rd Arlington, VA 22203
The Squires Group, Inc. has multiple contract opportunities for Junior Java/Ruby on Rails Developers to join a Federal Project in Arlington, VA, and Washington, DC. As a Junior Java Developer, you will help support the ongoing web application development effort. Using multiple open-source frameworks, a continuous integration environment, and automated continuous deployments to the public cloud hosting environment, you’ll join a team of developers building the next-generation of customer engagement systems for federal service agencies. The successful candidate should have the ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly.
Per our Federal Government contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, eligible to pass the client’s background requirements.
- Work with product owners and colleagues to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process for a responsive web application
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Cucumber, JMeter, and Selenium
- 3+ years of application development experience
- 1+ year of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of experience with HTML
- Experience in using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
- Per our Federal Government contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, eligible to pass the client’s background requirements
Experience with the following technologies:
- Automated Testing
- Amazon Web Services Integration
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You – We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance – We work hard, we work smart, and have quality time for family and “life.”
- Golden Rule – We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.