Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Java Developer Specialist
San Antonio, TX 78238
If you think Java Development is cool, and hands-on coding, designing, enhancing and testing excites you, keep reading! Our direct client has a contract opportunity for a Mid-Level Java Developer to work at the client site in San Antonio, TX. Apply your functional knowledge and technical expertise to the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications. You will coach and mentor less experienced team members while suggesting solutions to issues and problems.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and be able to pass the client’s background requirements.
- Develop technical design documents (specifications) based on functional business requirements
- Design and develop applications based on technical/functional design documents
- Create, execute and document tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and user interface)
- Maintenance, repair and performance tuning of applications
- Participate in and support performance management and capability development and training
- Prioritize and oversee activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards
- Coach inexperienced team members and provide advice and suggestions to issues and problems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 4 years of professional experience developing applications with Java and Object Oriented Programming (OOP) design
- Ability to work across custom technologies - to include the following:
- Open Source Frameworks
- Content Management Systems
- Configuration Management
- 6 years of Java Development experience utilizing J2EE, JDK, Spring, and HTML is preferred
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and be able to pass the client’s background requirements
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.