Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Java Developer, Mid-Level
11111 Sunset Hill Rd Reston, VA 20190 | Contract
Our direct client, one of the nation’s largest technology and consulting firms, has a contract opportunity for a Mid-Level Java Developer in Northern Virginia. Featured in the Fortune Magazine Top 10 list of the most admired companies in the world, our integrator partner’s focus is on Federal Government modernization programs. This role is on an Operations and Maintenance project, and is an excellent challenge for someone that likes to resolve defects within applications.
This project is located in Reston, VA and per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, clearable to a Public Trust.
- Develop code to fix application defects and improve code quality based on requirements using Java, J2EE, Struts, SQL
- Develop and perform unit and integration testing on the modified and new code
- Participate in requirements working sessions, solution designs, and code reviews
- Create technical documentation as needed (e.g., build plans, configuration management plans, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues
- 3+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience in Information Technology Consulting and Systems Development and working with front-facing clients as the technical SME as support to a project manager
- Java, J2EE, SQL application development
- System development with Oracle Database
- System development using Struts 2, Web Services (SOAP), MyBatis, Spring 3, Hibernate, JQuery, and JSON
- 2+ years of experience with Scrum (Agile) Software Development Methodologies
- Familiar with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, clearable to a Public Trust
- 2+ years of experience with IBM Rational Suite, Jazz platform: Rational Team Concert, ClearCase for source and doc versioning, minimal Requirements Management
- 2+ years of experience with Automated testing – Selenium
- 2 years of WebLogic AS experience
- 1+ years of experience with Software development in an Agile environment
- 1 years of experience with WebSphere BPM or Process Server/Choreographer and ODM
- Continuous integration/Continuous development experience
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.