Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Information Systems Security Manager
2001 N Beauregard St Alexandria, VA 22311
Our client, who has been named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, is searching for an Information Systems Security Manager. Join a team known for helping secure the Nation's future by providing significant work on national issues. This IT security team establishes and maintains classified technology infrastructure and application support services. They design, develop, and deploy hardware and software-based solutions in close coordination with client-facing groups while adhering to strict security protocols.
This direct hire opportunity is located in Northern Virginia and is offering a competitive salary and benefits. Per our contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens, have a Top Secret Clearance, and be able to obtain an SCI.
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies and provide configuration management, as well as assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system
- Maintain thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls, and determine which controls apply to the application, as well as document implementation in Security Controls Tractability Matrix (SCTM)
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
- Assist the Lead ISSM in monitoring and resolving Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to mitigate system vulnerabilities on assigned Information Systems
- Draft, prepare and maintain security Assessment and Authorization documentation (e.g., IA SOP, SSP, MSSP, RAR, SCTM)
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience
- Must have Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) experience
- Experience as an ISSM implementing NISPOM Chapter 8, JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and/or JSIG IS requirements
- 10+ years of experience in Information Assurance technology or a related area
- Certifications: Department of Defense (DoD) 8570.01M or obtain within 6 months of being hired, must meet the proficiency and certification requirements of an IAM Level II. Acceptable certifications include CISSP, CISM, and GSLC
- Experience in a research and development environment where software and algorithms are developed
- Proficient in Microsoft Enterprise environment and the security architecture
- Experience configuring systems for compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience validating system compliance using the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Validation Tool
- Experience using the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) for vulnerability scans, network configuration assessments, and network discovery
- Experience administering Red Hat Linux systems in a classified computing environment
- Comfortable managing secure Public Key Infrastructure environments
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST SP 800-53, and NISPOM
- Per our contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active Top Secret Clearance and be able to obtain an SCI
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.