Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Help Desk/Operational Specialist
Columbia, MD 21046 | Contract
Join one of the largest Federal Programs in the MD/DC/VA area! With a 17-year history of supporting the Intelligence Community in a managed services program, our client uses the latest and greatest technologies. For this 5-year project, (with an additional 5 option years,) they are looking to hire several Help Desk/Operational Specialists in their Columbia, MD location. As a Help Desk/Operational Specialist, you will identify, prioritize and resolve system issues and utilize Tier 3 Specialists for escalating unresolved issues. Day, swing and night shifts available.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI Full Scope Poly clearance.
- Acknowledge events received from the Enterprise Management Tools
- Open incident tickets relating to received events
- Troubleshooting and resolve the events
- Recommending updates to Standard Operating Procedure documents to adapt to new system functionality or configuration changes
- 3 years' of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Technical or Math related field or 5 years' of experience with an Associate’s Degree or 7 years’ experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have experience working with customer technology and support requirements
- Experience working with SLAs
- Strong troubleshooting and technical skills in networking and desktop support
- Experience with enterprise management monitoring tools such as HP OpenView, SolarWinds, or Splunk
- Experience with ITSM tools such as Remedy, ServiceNow, Service Manager, or equivalent
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizenswith an active TS/SCI Full Scope Poly clearance
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification, Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCA), Microsoft Solutions Associate (MCSA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), or similar certification
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.