Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Hadoop Developer, Senior-Level
Falls Church, VA
Our client is a worldwide organization that is solving their customers’ biggest challenges through smart, future-focused technology and deep mission-knowledge. They have partnered with government, defense, and the intelligence community to help customers advance their mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future. Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass the client’s background check.
They have an immediate need for a Hadoop Developer to design IT solutions in AWS Cloud. You will work with multiple platforms, architectures, and diverse technologies gathering requirements and designing ETL processes for multiple sources. Be part of a talented team of engineers to that are installing, configuring and developing a highly scalable, fault tolerant, and responsive big data ETL platform with next-generation streaming data technologies. You will be a key member of the team responsible for designing and supporting Hadoop Big Data technology solutions around data collection, storage, and enrichment in the Cloud.
- 2 - 3 years of Hadoop, ETL and AWS experience
- 2 - 3 years of experience with designing stream processing data pipelines, including NiFi, Kafka, Flume, or Apache Spark Streaming
- 2 years of experience installing and configuring and securing real-time data ingestion technology Apache NiFi
- Extensive experience with XML and JSON and parsing and enriching data preferably in the aviation data/sensor data
- Experience with messaging-oriented application stacks, pub-sub architecture, and clustering and brokers, queues, and topics
- Familiarity with Hadoop security frameworks such as Knox, Ranger and extending enterprise security to ETL data pipelines.
- 1 year of experience with search-based solutions for real-time indexing, analysis, and visualization, including ElasticSearch, Kibana (ELK), Splunk, Solr, or others
- Experience with real-time data visualization techniques and enabling live analytics
- Experience with building distributed systems
- Experience with Java and other modern languages, including Scala, R, and Node.js
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass the client’s background check
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.