Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Ft Meade, MD 20755 | Contract
Join one of the largest Federal Programs in the MD/DC/VA area! With a 17-year history of supporting the Intelligence Community in a managed services program, our client uses the latest and greatest technologies. For this 5-year project, (with an additional 5 option years,) they are looking to hire several Firewall Engineers in their Columbia, MD location. As a Firewall Engineer, you will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of a next-generation firewall solution. Because technology is changing so quickly, this program affords you plenty of opportunities to enrich your skills!
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance.
- Assist in monitoring, configuration changes, and software updates
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of McAfee version 7 & 8 Sidewinder Firewalls
- Configuration of Cisco ASA Firewalls and VPN
- Develop secure network designs
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
- Evaluate and develop new security technology solutions
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a variety of security-related network issues
- Learn new Firewall technology and obtain new certifications such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- 8 years of experience in programs of similar scope and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (4 additional years of network engineering experience may be substituted for a degree)
- IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent certification, or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position
- Understanding of DoD Information Assurance policy and regulations
- Experience with change control policy and procedures
- Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices is a plus
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.