Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Enterprise Security Engineer
8135 Maple Lawn Fulton, MD 20759
Our client has a direct hire opportunity for an Enterprise Security Engineer. Join a team of the nation’s leading Cybersecurity experts that are defending customer networks, industry sectors, and nations from advanced cyber-attacks. Our client is one of the fastest growing, privately held cybersecurity firms in the world with leadership from the National Security Agency, the National Counterterrorism Center, U.S. Cyber Command, military intelligence and private industry.
Simply put, their team is unmatched in managing cyber threats for their growing list of clients in Energy, Financials, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Government. If you want to put your skills to work developing the most advanced and effective cybersecurity solutions on the planet, this is the company for you!
Our client offers generous pay, flexible work locations, and a stock option program. This direct hire opportunity can work in either their Maryland or Virginia office. Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
The firm is in its infancy and is already a leader in the Cybersecurity industry. To be a part of something great, you need to apply now. We guarantee a quick response to your application, ensuring your talents get the consideration they deserve!
- Engineer adaptive solutions for enterprise security requirements
- Investigate and analyze security alerts
- Identify security vulnerabilities and compromised systems, and provide alerts
- Monitor security controls, analyze data, and correlate events to identify possible intrusions
- Perform periodic external and internal vulnerability scans to identify potential attack vectors, unpatched services, and determine system patch level across the enterprise
- Work with system owners to remedy problems. Document findings and resolution
- Manage enterprise security technologies (e.g., firewall, endpoint solutions, etc.)
- Develop, enforce, update and communicate security policy
- Evaluate the need for and effectiveness of new security technologies in conjunction with the senior engineers/analysts. Interact with vendors and outside service providers
- Conduct information system security engineering analysis
- Develop security accreditation/certification documentation
- Conduct security certification engineering analysis and testing
- Work with cutting-edge security technologies and utilizing a risk-based approach to properly test and introduce them into the overall environment
- 5-7 years of experience in information technology and at least 5 years in information security
- Working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control and system hardening, system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling)
- Experience with Splunk and Splunk ES, preferably in the design and architecture of Splunk and Splunk clusters
- Experience in network traffic analysis and system log analysis
- Security knowledge of Linux, OS X, and Windows
- Knowledge of common networking protocols
- Experience analyzing information security data and processes to identify potential compliance issues
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Per our Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
- Familiarity with firewall and IDS/IPS configuration, Tenable vulnerability management products, Carbon Black products, and one or more common scripting languages
- Knowledge of the SSDLC process
- Application security testing and penetration testing experience
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.