Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Director of Property Management
7200 Wisconsin Ave Bethesda, MD 20814 US
Our client is seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Property Management (DPM) to lead a team of Property Managers overseeing a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate assets in the Mid-Atlantic region. As a key member of their close-knit, team-oriented organization, the DPM will play a crucial role in achieving the financial and operational objectives of the company and its third-party clients.
This role is onsite in Bethesda, MD.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to effectively manage a team of Property Managers and their assigned portfolios.
- Conduct regular inspections of properties, identifying deficiencies, and implementing plans for resolution. Keep senior management informed about operational issues.
- Participate in tours and meetings with leasing, asset management staff, and outside brokers to strategize for available lease spaces.
- Guide Property Managers through the capital and tenant improvement process, overseeing minor tenant upfits, and managing common area repairs.
- Interact with contractors and local government officials, including police, fire, and building inspectors.
- Collaborate with Property Managers to prepare, monitor, and implement annual operating budgets for assigned portfolios.
- Oversee the review and approval process for invoices, ensuring timely payment and back charge to tenants when necessary.
- Supervise the preparation and review of monthly operating reports in a timely manner.
- Regularly review accounts receivable and lead collection efforts with in-house staff and Property Managers.
- Work closely with Property Managers and Lease Administration to interpret and enforce lease provisions.
- Coach and train Property Managers as necessary to implement best practices and effective management processes.
- Be available and on-call 24 hours a day.
- 10+ years of commercial property management experience, including management of open-air retail/grocery-anchored/power shopping centers.
- 5+ years of experience managing a commercial property management staff or department.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of construction practices and processes.
- Designations such as CSM or CPM are preferred.
- Well-organized with a demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines and complete projects.
- Proficiency in operating in a Windows environment (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Teams).
- Yardi experience is preferable.
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.