Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Detection Data Research Engineer
8135 Maple Lawn Fulton, MD 20759
Our client has a direct hire opportunity for a Detection Data Research Engineer. Join a team of the nation’s leading Cybersecurity experts that are defending customer networks, industry sectors, and nations from advanced cyber-attacks. Our client is one of the fastest growing, privately held cybersecurity firms in the world with leadership from the National Security Agency, the National Counterterrorism Center, U.S. Cyber Command, military intelligence and private industry.
Simply put, their team is unmatched in managing cyber threats for their growing list of clients in Energy, Financials, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Government. If you want to put your skills to work developing the most advanced and effective cybersecurity solutions on the planet, this is the company for you!
Our client offers generous pay, flexible work locations, and a stock option program. This direct hire opportunity can work in either their Maryland or Virginia office. Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
The firm is in its infancy and is already a leader in the Cybersecurity industry. To be a part of something great, you need to apply now! We guarantee a quick response to your application, ensuring your talents get the consideration they deserve!
- Build and improve data collection platforms and transform the data into useful information
- Collect, process, curate and enrich data - providing a continuous flow of data to researchers and data scientists
- Develop and maintain new and existing data sources and data enrichment pipelines as well as the process used to curate and validate collected data
- Develop and maintain data collection components of the team’s infrastructure and the tools used to aggregate the collected data
- Develop signature and heuristic-based detection rules to aid behavioral and outlier analytics
- Work with data scientists and data engineers to extract information from collected data
- Build tools to perform data collection, parsing, and analysis from a variety of data sources
- Experience building and maintaining honeypots
- Extracting malware samples from honeypots and network collection
- Hands-on programming/scripting experience (Python, GO, etc.)
- 3+ years in one or more of the following roles: incident response, intrusion analysis, threat intelligence or a role performing the majority of the responsibilities listed above
- Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
- 5+ years in one or more of the following roles: incident response, intrusion analysis, threat intelligence or a role performing the majority of the responsibilities listed above
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Experience using threat intelligence tools and platforms
- Experience using browser automation tools
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.