Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
7900 Tysons One Place McLean, VA 22102
Are you ready for a new challenge? Our client has a direct hire opportunity for a Data Scientist. Join the nation’s leading team of Cybersecurity experts that defend customer networks, industry sectors, and nations from advanced cyber-attacks. They are one of the fastest growing, privately held cybersecurity firms in the world with leadership from the National Security Agency, the National Counterterrorism Center, U.S. Cyber Command, military intelligence, and private industry.
If you want to put your skills to work advancing the most sophisticated and effective cybersecurity solutions on the planet, this is the company for you! Our client offers generous pay, flexible work locations, and a stock option program. This is a direct hire opportunity, and work can be performed at our client sites in the Fulton, MD, Raleigh, NC, or McLean, VA. Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
The young firm is on a high growth trajectory and is taking the Cybersecurity industry by storm. To be a part of something great, you need to apply now. We guarantee a quick response to your application, ensuring your talents get the consideration they deserve!
- Design and develop new analysis algorithms in conjunction with the existing data science team
- Design for large-scale distributed computing in a Spark, Hadoop, Pig, MapReduce-based architectures (or competing technologies)
- Create prototype algorithms
- Assist in optimizing algorithms for performance
- Assist in writing thorough tests and documentation
- Provide front-line support to customers; Monitor the results of analytics on customers’ environments with an aim towards validating that anomalous activity and behaviors are being detected
- Develop analytics based on the unique characteristics of an assigned customer or sector environment
- Develop analytics using special collection that is only available within a given customer or sector
- Assist analytic development team by writing code that will be taken over by the analytic development team
- Minimum of 1 year of Operational Technology (OT) experience (preference 3+ years OT experience)
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience in SAS, Python, Scala, or R
- 2+ years of experience with machine learning and SQL
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, and Java)
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization of algorithms
- Per our Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
- Cybersecurity experience
- MBA or Master's degree
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.