Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Cyber Security Tools Specialist
5501 Backlick Rd Springfield, VA 22150
We are seeking an experienced Cyber Security Tools Specialist for a Department of Defense Project located in Springfield, VA. This DoD program secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) which are a suite of equipment that performs firewall functions, intrusion detection and prevention, enterprise management, Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), and provides a host of network security capabilities.
As a Cyber Security Tools Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting configuration, implementation, configuration, and ongoing performance enhancement work for CND tools, including: ArcSight, Tipping Point, Fidelis, SourceFire, Fidelis, and Niksun devices installed in the JRSS environment. You should have some experience with some of the tools and a general understanding of most.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have an active Secret Clearance.
- Install and configure CND tools
- Integrate the tool for enterprise data collection to include capacity monitoring
- Configure the tools to work with Syslog, File and Database collection of events
- Create and edit content to both monitor and alert on security incidents
- Provide assistance to both internal and external Customer issues and supporting tickets
- Monitor the tool’s health and performance
- Tune system parameters to enhance/improve system performance
- Provide Tier 2/3 troubleshooting for tool issues, either within the tool or as part of an integrated team of professionals addressing larger issues
- Assist other JRSS teams that perform life cycle O&M on the tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education PLUS 4+ years of experience and knowledge of the following:
- TCP/IP communications
- Router and firewall functionality on a network
- MS Office tool suite
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Significant experience with one or more of the CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
- Fidelis DLP and MDE
- Tipping Point
- ELK tools
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have an active Secret Clearance
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.