Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Cyber Security Tools Expert, Senior
5501 Backlick Rd Springfield, VA 22150
We are seeking an experienced Senior Cyber Security Tools Expert for a Department of Defense Project located in Springfield, VA. This DoD program secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) which are a suite of equipment that performs firewall functions, intrusion detection and prevention, enterprise management, Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), and provides a host of network security capabilities.
As a Senior Cyber Security Tools Expert, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools deployed in stacks. Working with other teams, you will provide CND capability, and military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have an active Secret Clearance.
- Install and configure CND tools
- Integrate the tool for enterprise data collection to include capacity monitoring
- Configure the tools to work with Syslog, File and Database collection of events
- Create and edit content to both monitor and alert on security incidents
- Provide guidance to both internal and external customer issues and supporting tickets
- Monitor the tool’s health and performance
- Tune system parameters to enhance/improve system performance
- Provide Tier 2/3 troubleshooting for tool issues, either within the tool or as part of an integrated team of professionals addressing larger issues
- Assist other JRSS teams that perform life cycle O&M on the tools by acting as tool expert
- Provide “on the job training” to less experienced JRSS, DISA or DoD Services’ team members
- Act as the senior subject matter expert on tools for interactions with other teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education and 12 years of related experience
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP communications
- General knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network
- Familiarity with the MS Office tool suite
- Significant experience with one or more of the CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
- Fidelis DLP and MDE
- Tipping Point
- ELK tools
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have an active Secret Clearance
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.