Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Contract Administration and Tactical Sourcing Specialist
6801 Industrial Rd Springfield, VA 22151
Our client is one of the leading utility companies in the Washington, DC Metro area. They are in need of a Contract Administration and Tactical Sourcing Specialist to join their team. In this role, you will perform contract administration for all active contracts, as well as high volume tactical sourcing for single bid threshold commitments. Your attention to detail and your organizational and project management skills are critical to your success in this position.
This contract role is located in Springfield, VA, and is your opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging organization that is highly focused on results. Don’t let this pass you by! Per our client contract, candidates must be Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens.
- Prepare contracts, contract modifications, renewals, termination notices, and executive summaries. Process novation agreements and analyze historical spend
- Determine and coordinate the review of the applicability of terms and conditions, such as DOT and Operator Qualification clauses, with internal business units in accordance with corporate requirements. This includes reviews such as certificates of insurance, conflict of interest, risk management, and safety plans
- Coordinate legal review of the contracts with internal and external stakeholders
- Perform high volume, quick-turnaround single bid contracting and/or assist the business units to prepare contracts, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Review tactical sourcing events performed by business unit for completeness and compliance
- Manage expiring contracts using monthly queries and business unit input, develop new contract reports, perform quarterly/on-going contract compliance review and analysis, and follow up with the business units for plans of action
- Communicate changes to specifications/terms of service with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain master contract files. Input accurate and appropriate contract information into the contract management system (PeopleSoft Finance Supplier Contract Management module)
- Manage the contract management system and be responsible for system administration
- Propose and participate in process improvements to support efficient business process operatio
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) or equivalent required
- 3+ years of relevant and recent contract administration/contracting experience
- Knowledge of contracting principles, including contract drafting, legal requirements, terms and conditions, price analysis and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, peers and customers
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Stellar attention to detail, ability to notice minor discrepancies
- Per our client contract, candidates must be Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens
- Contract Management/Administration or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.