Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Contract Administration Specialist
6801 Industrial Rd Springfield, VA 22151 US
Our client is one of the leading utility companies in the Washington, DC Metro area. They have an urgent need for a Contract Administration Specialist to join their team. In this role, you will work within Supply Chain, collaborating with both internal customers and external suppliers. Some of your key tasks include aligning terms and conditions across the enterprise, revising forms and templates, updating and maintaining the contract management system, performing supplier spend analyses and reporting on compliance requirements. Your attention to detail and your organizational and project management skills are critical to your success in this position.
This role is located in Springfield, VA, (offering a hybrid schedule with some remote days) and is your opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging organization that is highly focused on results. Don’t let this pass you by! Per our client contract, candidates must be Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens.
- Prepare contracts, modifications, renewals, termination notices, and executive summaries
- Process novation agreements and analyze historical spend
- Determine and coordinate the review of the applicability of terms and conditions, such as DOT and Operator Qualification clauses, with internal Business Units in accordance with corporate requirements. This includes reviews such as certificates of insurance, conflict of interest, Risk Management, and safety plans
- Coordinate legal review of the contracts with internal and external stakeholders
- Perform high volume, quick-turnaround Single Bid contracting and/or assists the Business Units prepare contracts, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Review tactical sourcing events performed by Business Unit for completeness and compliance
- Manage expiring contracts using monthly queries and Business Unit input, develops new contract reports, perform quarterly/on-going contract compliance review and analysis, and follow up with the Business Units for plans of action
- Communicate changes to specifications/terms of service with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain master contract files. Input accurate and appropriate contract information into the contract management system (PeopleSoft Finance Supplier Contract Management module)
- Manage the contract management system with system administration responsibility
- Propose and participate in process improvements to support efficient business process operations that meet or exceed the desired results of the annual Supply Chain Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) or equivalent required
- 5+ years of recent and relevant contract administration experience
- Knowledge of contracting principles, including contract drafting, legal requirements, terms and conditions, price analysis and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, peers and customers
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Stellar attention to detail, ability to notice minor discrepancies
- Per our client contract, candidates must be Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens
- Contract Management/Administration or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Exposure to digital procurement tools such as PowerAdvocate, SAP/Ariba, PowerBI, Ivalua, etc.
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you up to $3000 for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.