Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Computer Network Defense Analyst
8135 Maple Lawn Fulton, MD 20759
Our client has a direct hire opportunity for a Computer Network Defense Analyst. Do you have strong Hunter skills? Top notch Computer Network Defense skills are needed to detect suspicious and hostile activity that could jeopardize the integrity of information systems. Join a team of the nation’s leading Cybersecurity experts that are defending customer networks, industry sectors, and nations from advanced cyber-attacks. Our client is one of the fastest growing, privately held cybersecurity firms in the world with leadership from the National Security Agency, the National Counterterrorism Center, U.S. Cyber Command, military intelligence and private industry.
Simply put, their team is unmatched in managing cyber threats for their growing list of clients in Energy, Financials, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Government. If you want to put your skills to work developing the most advanced and effective cybersecurity solutions on the planet, this is the company for you!
Our client offers generous pay, flexible work locations, and a stock option program. This direct hire opportunity can work in either their Maryland or Virginia office. Per our client contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
The firm is in its infancy and is already a leader in the Cybersecurity industry. To be a part of something great, you need to apply now. We guarantee a quick response to your application, ensuring your talents get the consideration they deserve!
- Monitor corporate and customer networks to detect suspicious and hostile activity
- Review logs and alerts and compile information and prepare incident reports
- Work closely with security operation centers to ensure mitigation of all activity detected
- Recommend modifications to security tools to detect, prevent, and mitigate intrusions
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues
- Extensive intrusion detection and analyzing network traffic experience - minimum of 3 years' experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting networks and one or more of the following:
- Computer intrusion analysis
- Intrusion detection
- Network defense
- Incident response
- Computer network surveillance/monitoring
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures
- System log analysis and current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks
- Experience working in a SOC
- Experience developing, refining, and performing advanced analysis to uncover new or potential incidents and report on results
- Experience in assessing threat indicators (e.g., Malware/Malicious Anomalies/Abnormal network Activity/Root Level Compromise, etc.)
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and technology field
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Per our Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA),
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Splunk or AWS certifications
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.