Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Cloud Operations Engineer
6401 Security Blvd Woodlawn, MD 21235 | Contract
In business for over 60 years, our client provides a range of services and solutions to the Federal Government. They have contract opportunities for Cloud Operations Engineers to work in their Baltimore, MD location. You will provide hands-on engineering expertise to assist with support and operation of the cloud infrastructure. Responsibilities include the design, creation, configuration, and delivery of cloud infrastructure environments.
Per our Federal Government Contract, H1 candidates are welcome to apply, and must be able to pass the client’s background check.
- Research, integrate, and document new cloud service provider features into existing client infrastructure
- Provide technology support related to delivering and modernizing customer environments using a variety of tools leveraging IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings
- Define and implement Infrastructure-as-Code best practices/tools in areas such as continuous integration/continuous deployment, environment automation, configuration management
- Architecting and implementing highly-available systems and planning for disaster recovery
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification, and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost, supportability, and analyses for total systems
- Provide professional engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience
- Proficient with AWS solution architecture and design
- Strong background in automation and configuration management technologies (Ansible, Chef, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of Red Hat Linux system administration, particularly network stack configuration/troubleshooting, and LVM
- Strong working knowledge of cloud administration (AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management technologies (LDAP, Active Directory, Red Hat IDM)
- Ability to explain highly technical concepts to non-technical executive audiences
- Knowledge of federal security standards such as FedRamp, FISMA
- Per our Federal Government Contract, H1 candidates are welcome to apply, and must be able to pass the client’s background check
- System administration (major Linux distributions, Windows) experience
- Serverless computing
- Scripting development & maintenance (BASH, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Load Balancing and proxy configuration
- Database experience with one or more of Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server
- Security and compliance tools like Fortify, Nessus
- Virtualization (VMware, XEN, KVM)
- PaaS technologies (OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.