Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Category Manager - Materials, Senior-Level
6801 Industrial Rd Springfield, VA 22151 US
Are you ready for a next-level challenge? Our client is one of the leading utility companies in the Washington, DC Metro area and is looking for a Senior Category Manager of Materials. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of Category Management principles in the areas of materials and fleet in the energy and utilities industry.
Located in Springfield, VA with a hybrid work from home schedule, this is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door with a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging Supply Chain team that is highly focused on results.
Per our client contract, candidates must be Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Materials Management for the development and implementation of the materials (short/long) strategy and budget for the utilities
- Support the Manager of Materials Management for the creation and implementation of multi-year category plans for the utilities that will meet the Supply Chain department’s service level goals
- Develop and implement demand planning and materials forecasts and drive material standardization
- Become the corporate expert for assigned categories, and know the market drivers, supplier base, emerging technologies, regulatory factors, category spend by supplier, and key performance metrics
- Responsible for the operational aspects of the materials management for the utilities including but not limited to the attainment of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), Statement of Work (SOW), stock material pricing, spot buy pricing, and variable management and invoicing
- Maintain sufficient levels of inventory and leverage demand amongst utilities to further enhance inventory levels
- Lead and participate in RFx, pricing analysis, negotiation strategies based on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), contract agreements, amendments, and addenda as well as market trends, best practices, industry bench marking and peer reviews
- Create, consolidate, and comply with related policies, procedures, SOPs, operational and SOX controls and accountable for all audit related activities across the organization.
- Establish/develop/maintain professional relationships with suppliers/business units based on the highest ethical business practices with a focus on customer service and value creation and lead Supplier Performance Management (SPM) practices with identified key suppliers, including quarterly performance review
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance, or related fields
- 5+ years of expertise in Inventory Management
- Direct and proven experience in Strategic Sourcing and strong negotiation skills with proven record of successful supplier relations
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management best practices and procedures
- Demonstrated strategic, project management, process improvement, innovation, and team building skills
- Strong knowledge of contract terminology, structure, and risk mitigation principles
- Proven experience in collaboration and team building skills across the enterprise
- Per our client contract, candidates must be Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens
- Utility experience
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) or Six Sigma training or certification
Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you up to $3000 for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information go to https://bit.ly/squiresreferral
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.