Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Category Manager, Senior
6801 Industrial Rd Springfield, VA 22151
The Squires Group has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Category Manager. Our client is a forward thinking, growing utility company in the Washington, DC area. As a Senior Category Manager, you will put your top-notch supply chain, contracts, and procurement experience to work to find the best solutions that generate value and savings to the company.
This assignment is located in Springfield, VA, and is an excellent opportunity to work for a large utility company with a solid history of financial stability and a commitment to the community. Per our client contract, candidates must be Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens.
- Independently perform thorough pricing analyses
- Conduct fair and reasonable negotiations with vendors
- Work with the business units to create the SOW, evaluation criteria, and scorecards that will be utilized to evaluate the Vendor responses
- Source new vendors to respond to RFP's. This skill requires market knowledge and or the tools and desire to research the market to find new and capable vendors
- Maintain communications with stakeholders, keeping them informed of any necessary changes to the specifications/terms of service with the supplier/contractor
- Evaluate and analyze incumbent and potential suppliers and coordinate legal review of the contracts with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 – 10 years of experience with the following:
- Pricing analysis
- Negotiation with vendors
- RFP development and release
- Stakeholder management
- Vendor sourcing
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, to share, retrieve, research, and present business information
- Working knowledge of contracting principles, including contract drafting, and legal documentation
- Strong project management skills
- Solid communication skills
- Utility or Energy Industry experience
- Six Sigma training or certification
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Interaction in a team environment
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.