Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Workday, Data Governance Manager
O'Neil Hall - 445 Rugby Road Charlottesville, VA 22903 | Direct Hire
One of Virginia’s elite Universities is transforming the way Human Resources (HR) services are delivered. They are creating a high-performing, efficient and integrated human resources service model to advance the University's mission.
The University is hiring an Workday, Data Governance Manager to provide best in class data governance and standards to support the University and its HR mission. In this role, you will report to the Director, HR People Data, and Technology. This role is considered the lead role spanning the technology and analytics teams and creating a connection between the application (inputs) and analytical (outputs) domain.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have an impact in the coming decade.
If you have a passion for excellence, drive to enhance the HR experience and want to be a part of creating a legacy, apply now.
- Designs and develops a solution that outlines and defines all HR-related data fields, determines access rights, data storage requirements, data transfer protocols, and thoroughly documents and communicates to the HR and University communities
- Designs, implements and maintains flexible approaches and protocols for data analysis, predictive analytics and data visualization standards that will be used as the standard HR deliverable
- Identifies and tracks all data stewards of people domain data and develops mechanisms to stay connected through training, professional development or other appropriate venues
- Monitors data collection procedures to drive consistency and accuracy across the University
- Identifies data variances across systems and works with appropriate colleagues and system owners to standardize data fields
- Executes leading-practice data mining techniques/practices and extends data to and from third party sources of information, as needed
- Serves as the initial escalation point for the people analytics team in troubleshooting issues with data quality or complex reporting
- Creates automated data anomaly detection systems and constantly monitor performance Functional Area Outcomes
- Promotes data consistency, accuracy, and completeness with articulated data standards
- Supports best practices in data visualization, HR forecasting, and predictive modeling
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant data management experience
- Experience with:
- SQL and relational databases, including data architecture principles
- Leadership and domain expertise in the area of data quality and conversion support
- HR systems and business analysis technology
- High attention to detail
- Innovative problem solving and analytical skills
- Master’s degree
- Experience in academic medical center environment
- Previous experience with Workday, familiarity with APIs, data modeling
Our client is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.