Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
VoIP Network Engineer, Senior
2733 Crystal Dr Arlington, VA 22202 | Contract
The Squires Group has a contract opportunity for a Senior VoIP Network Engineer for a Federal project in the Washington, DC Metro area. As a Senior VoIP Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Cisco voice infrastructure for our client’s network of over 80 countries worldwide. The ideal candidate will have experience working on large-scale VoIP networks/rollouts in the past. Be part of this “feel good” project that saves lives around the globe!
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must hold a Secret clearance.
- Design and implement highly scalable VoIP networks to provide connectivity to over 100 sites worldwide
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of Cisco technologies, with particular emphasis on Unified Communications (Call Manager, Unity, IPCC Express, Meeting Place, etc.)
- Conduct network and voice/readiness assessments
- Work to evaluate network health and capacity planning
- Implement overall solutions including development of design documents (dial plan, testing plan, etc.)
- Execute connectivity to legacy customer systems, particularly legacy TDM PBX systems (Avaya, Nortel, etc.)
- Lead projects related to VoIP infrastructure and technologies
- Participate in all phases of the project including initial needs analysis, formulating designs and solutions, implementation and documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical experience
- 8 years of Network Routing and Switching experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering Cisco convergence solutions, especially IP Telephony
- 5+ years of expertise in VoIP Protocols (SIP, ILBC, RTP, TFTP and related Protocols)
- Strong Cisco VoIP Implementation experience with CallManager and Unity applications
- Experience with Microsoft OCS functionality
- System design and layout of projects for networks including Visio diagram
- Proficiency with performing pre-site infrastructure analysis
- Clear understanding of network functionality and network design pertaining to large segmented networks
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must hold a Secret clearance
Required Certifications: Must hold Certifications in one or more of the following:
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert)
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- CCVP (Cisco Certified Voice Professional)
- 5 years of experience with Enterprise Wireless
- 3+ years of Cisco WAN/DMVPN experience
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.