Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
SOC Analyst, Senior
Arlington, VA 22202 | Contract to Hire
Do you want to work on the most cutting edge, up-to-date Cyber Analytics program in the nation? Our client is staffing their SOC and has 2 openings for Senior SOC Analysts in their Arlington, VA location.
Bring your experience and dedication to a program that is on the front line of everything protecting our country! As a Senior SOC Analyst, you will be analyzing security events as they happen, figure out WHY they are happening, and determine HOW to prevent them from happening in the future. Your passion is needed on this critical DoD initiative.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have a Top Secret Clearance. You will need to obtain a DHS clearance, so preference is given to those already possessing one.
- Conduct advanced security event analytics
- Malware analysis
- Security event triage and incident response
- Conduct forensic analysis on compromised systems
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a cyber network defense environment
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Working knowledge of the various operating systems (g., Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, and understanding of Windows Active Directory
- Knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (g., TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g., SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies Network Threat Hunting (Sqrrl), Big Data Analytics (Splunk), Endpoint Threat Detection and Response (Tanium), SIEM (ArcSight), workflow and ticketing (HP Service Manager), Intrusion Detection System (IBM ISS)
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have a Top Secret Clearance. You will need to obtain a DHS clearance, so preference is given to those already possessing one
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related field
- Prior experience with Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and log management systems
- Digital Forensic and Incident Response Certifications such as: GCIA, GCED, GCFA, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, ECSA, CHFI, CISSP, Security+, Network+, CEH, CND. CCE, CFC, EnCE, CFCE, GREM
- Familiarity with scripting languages (BASH, PowerShell, Python, PERL, RUBY, ) or software development frameworks (.NET)
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.