Sweet consulting projects, career opps, whatever you’re looking for, find it at The Squires Group. Jobs in ERP, IT, Cyber and Accounting & Finance.
Columbia, MD 21046 | Contract
The Squires Group is staffing for an exciting long-term project located in the Fort Meade, MD area, and has an opening for a Release Manager. As a Release Manager, you will negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities. This is a 5-year program, and, per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance.
- Support the effective implementation of new software and hardware releases into the operational environment
- Establish, document, implement, manage, and monitor the release management process in line with overall objectives
- Establish a release calendar to coordinate services, implement and monitor release plans, including producing detailed timetables of events and documenting action plans by individual sites
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and meet expectations
- Plan future release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Define exact content and rollout plan for a release, aligned with change management processes
- Ensure hardware and software being changed is traceable, secure, and that only correct, authorized and tested versions are installed
- Assist in identifying and managing interdependencies and timing concerns, to ensure milestone adherence, and ensure that release integrity can be measured
- Manage risks and communicate/escalate issues related to the release plan, scope, schedule, and implementation quality
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, schedule, and scope changes in accordance with program protocol
- Conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews
- Prepare weekly release reporting
- 8 years of experience in programs of similar scope and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline (Master’s degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
- Detailed understanding of ITIL change, configuration, and release management processes. ITIL / ITSM / CMMI experience
- Experience in IT project management
- Experience planning, coordinating, testing, and scheduling major releases of software is preferred
- Experience using an enterprise ticketing system to coordinate and schedule activities
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizenswith an active TS/SCI FS Poly clearance
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend, and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please click here to send us your referral.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.